Direct Payment via ACH is the electronic transfer of funds for making payments, whether you send or receive a payment.
Direct Payment lets you pay your bills or tuition, donate to your favorite charity, make a purchase, or send money to a friend or family member electronically from your checking or savings account. It’s convenient, versatile, environmentally friendly, and you save the time and hassle of writing out paper checks.
Be in control of how and when you pay: When you set up Direct Payment, you choose when your bills get paid directly from your checking or savings accounts.
You can initiate a payment from your bank or credit union’s online banking site or mobile app, or you can authorize the company or government agency that you pay to initiate a payment on a recurring or one-time basis.
With Direct Payment, you can eliminate the worry of whether or not your check will arrive on time.
In addition to bills, Direct Payment can be used for:
- Charitable donations and recurring gifts
- Funding investment accounts
- Insurance, tax and homeowners' association (HOA) payments
- Mortgage, automobile and other loan payments
- Subscription and membership fees
- Tuition payment plans
Direct Payment is a secure way to pay bills. Your transactions are safe and confidential because money transferred electronically passes through fewer hands than a paper check.
To get started with Direct Payment via ACH, you can either sign up with the companies that send you bills or use your bank or credit union to pay electronically:
• Contact your billers directly or log on to their websites to find out how you can enroll in Direct Payment using your bank account.
• You can also use your bank or credit union’s online banking website or mobile app to schedule Direct Payments.